Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Cherish America


I felt compelled to begin a blog today, as I cannot stand to see the America I love cease to be a free, independent nation and merge into the multinational abyss of politically correct expediency. I am watching my country go from being strong and free, to weak and defeated -although she has lost no wars. She is losing the war of words. And our very sovereignty is at stake.

The changes seem to come in tiny myopic bits. But like snowflakes that comprise a blizzard, they are not dangerous by themselves. It is when they bind together that they become a dangerous storm.



This week, I saw our President Barack Obama "bow" to the Islamic world. It seems like a minor gesture. But in the Muslim culture it is not. Obama bent before the King of Saudi Arabia, a sign of submission. In fairness, President Bush kissed the the Saudi King.But I hold that this type of deference is not befitting a President of our United States.


In Ankara, Obama apologized to the Muslims in Turkey saying "despite its flaws and past mistakes, the United States is poised for a fresh start with Muslims and the rest of the world." What past mistakes I wonder? The Iraq War? It can’t be a mistake because we won. We removed Saddam Hussein, who used weapons of mass destruction on the Kurds in Iraq and Turkey.

The audience he was addressing certainly remembers this. There are 20 million Kurds residing in Turkey. That Saddam killed 5,000 of their relatives at one time with mustard gas- a weapon of mass destruction- was surely an unforgettable, reprehensible act. So the Turkish people were ready to thank him for delivering them from Saddam. Instead, Obama apologizes for “our past mistakes”. I wonder if the families of the two million Kurds, Shia, and Iranians are scratching their heads over this one.

There was another equally disturbng apology in Turkey as well. He said as Americans, "we do not consider ourselves a Christian nation or a Jewish nation or a Muslim nation. We consider ourselves a nation of citizens who are bound by ideals and a set of values." This echoes his statement in 1997 when he said "we are no longer a Christian nation." I guess Obama believes that our Judeo-Christian heritage is not politically expedient. Thus he denies the faith of eight-five percent of his electorate. And makes those of us who are Christians or Jews feel like we are dust to be swept under the rug before company comes.

The new plolitical rhetoric continued at the G-20. Obama said it was "very important for us to be able to forge partnerships as opposed to dictating solutions." Like his wife Michelle, he seems to find it hard to be proud of America. Perhaps he feels America should no longer lead but follow in the war on terror. Nor perhaps should she lead the world in her commercial enterprises, but “forge partnerships” instead.

I was shocked this week when I read the article by Dick Morris named "The Declaration of Independence Has Been Repealed." I learned Obama supported the formation of an international body called "the Financial Stability Board" at the G-20) The board's duty, as part of the IMF would be to regulate firms that are "deemed too big to fail". This board would be given the power to set the compensation of executives of all "at-risk" firms. Hence, it gives the G-20 sovereignty over businesses located within America and throughout the world.

Finally, adding another snowflake to the blizzard, Obama stopped off in Iraq to thank our troops. But who did he thank at the beginning of his speech? our American soldiers? ...Guess again. Let’s listen to his words:

"Thank you. Thank you, guys. Let me say Multinational Force Iraq, Multinational Corps Iraq, Multinational Security Transition Command Iraq First Corps, America's Corp Band: Thanks to all of you. Listen, I am so honored."

I see a storm a coming. And it is a white out blizzard I am forecasting.

America I cherish you. I am grateful to you first and foremost. I am thankful for the blood, sweat and tears of our American troops that has been shed to defeat radical Islamic terroists. I am thankful for our forefathers who died to make us free. My prayer for you America, is that you remain a sovereign nation, under God, with liberty and justice for all. We must not submit to the pressures of foreign inclusionists who are pulling us in a multinational direction. I don’t like this New World Order stuff, the America of old suits me just fine. As for me, I'm still cling to my guns and my religion, and my paycheck too. I may not have them for long.








3 comments:

  1. Thank you, Julie, for your courage and way with words. There are some things here I didn't know. I had a revelation as I was reading that Obama bowed to the Muslim world because he is a Muslim. It's in his blood. He is not an American at heart or he never would have done that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He has denied he is a Muslim. He says he is a Christian. His stance on failing to protect the unborn, to allowing the embryonic stem cell research confuses me. I don't know. It is between him and God. What I really believe is that he has created God in his own image and made a God of "tolerance" his God. It is this new age embrace of "there are many pathways to God". "Wide is the road but narrow is the path" that leads to salvation. I ray for his radical transformation so his policy will line up with the faith he professes, not the faith he bows to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice new blog Julie! I look forward to reading more.
    ~ Andrew

    ReplyDelete