Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Proverbial Change

I have been reading the Bible through in 90 Days. The more I read Proverbs on this chilly election day of November 03, 2009, the more I see how Gods word is relevant. There is much relevance in the ancient words of wise King Solomon who gave him wisdom. The verses I read are good for my own correction and for my country. So beginning today, I'll select a passage or verse from the Bible and apply to what I see going on around me. You can tell me if what I see as applicable is of any worth.

Proverbs 22:3 A prudent man sees danger and takes refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it.

I went to the polls today at noon. I was number 152 to vote in my town of 22,000. It was a pathetic turnout as usual for a "non-Presidential" year election. What was important was a new millage to build a new community center costing 15 million dollars. The old center is just fine. Not spiffy, but functional. This juncture would cost each resident hundreds of new dollars in taxation. Our streets are filled with for sale signs and foreclosures. Hundreds of neighbors are out of work. Our elderly citizens are just getting by.

I see danger ahead, and do not believe this is the appropriate time to place a new tax burden on my neighbors. The simple "dead-heads" keep going and we are going to suffer for it.

1 comment:

  1. Oops I am a much better writer than this. But I forgot to proofread before I published. Sorry about that folks

    ReplyDelete