Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Should the government determine when I need a mammogram?


Enough is enough! I have been caring for a mother with breast cancer. Her surgery, and after care has been painful and difficult. Breast cancer is something I don't ever want to experience for myself. Early detection has prevented thousands of deaths in this the second biggest killer of women.

Because my mother has breast cancer, I am at higher risk of contracting this disease. My doctor needs to make the decision when I should have a mammogram- not the government! My life may depend on it.

Furthermore, for this government to tell women not to bother doing a monthly self-exam is incomprehensibly negligent and dangerous. Women should not check themselves for possible lumps? Self-examination has prevented thousands of deaths. Just who does this administration think they are? I am sickened by their anti-life policies. They support the killing of the unborn, suggest that the elderly get death-counseling, and now tell women that they shouldn't get mammograms until age fifty instead of forty. This advice may be ten years too late for thousands of women, including me.

Government should leave my health up to me and my doctor! No way do I want nationalized health care. Then I become just a number- and an expendable one.

No comments:

Post a Comment